PLANNING FOR THE 2008 AALL ANNUAL MEETING IN PORTLAND, OREGON
Join us at the TS-SIS Education Committee Meeting
Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 AM-1:00 pm
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230
While it may seem way too earlier to think about AALL in 2008, we need to plan now due to the very short time-frame for submitting program ideas after the 2007 Annual meeting. We have lots of flexibility to propose learning opportunities that are important to us, but we need your ideas! If you would like TS-SIS to consider sponsoring your program, please read on …
The theme for the 2008 meeting in Portland is “Energize, Explore, Evolve.” See incoming 2007/08 AALL President Ann Fessenden's description here.
Deadline if Requesting TS-SIS Sponsorship
Final deadline for submitting your program, workshop or topic to the TS-SIS Education Committee is Friday, August 3, 2007, 5:00 pm PDT.
All TS-SIS Education Committee members are available to assist you. We are open to collaborating with other SISs or committees. Don't limit your presentation to the traditional 3 talking-head panels. See page 18 in the Handbook for alternative presentation formats.
1. Refer to the Program Planners Handbook for more information here
2. Beginning on p.35 of the Handbook are step-by-step guidelines for using the online web site to create your proposal. See
3. You do not need to complete your proposal in one session. You can save your work in progress and log back in as many times as needed to complete your proposal.
4. If you are seeking TS-SIS sponsorship, identify TS-SIS as the sponsor (or co-sponsor).
5. When you have completed (but NOT submitted) your proposal, click on the "Share" button and enter Alan Keely's e-mail address: Keely[takethisout]wfu.edu as one of the recipients. Your proposal will then be automatically sent to Alan Keely, who will forward it to the TS-SIS Education Committee to review.
6. IMPORTANT: Do not click on the “Submit Proposal” button until you have heard from the TS-SIS Education Committee. If you click on the “Submit Proposal” button, the proposal goes directly to AMPC and you will no longer be able to revise it.
When will TS-SIS notify people about sponsorship? We will notify everyone who has submitted a proposal to TS-SIS no later than Thursday, August 9, 2007, as to whether we will sponsor your program. Individuals may also choose to submit programs directly to AMPC without our sponsorship.
Plan to attend the TS-SIS Education Committee meeting, Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 AM-1:00 pm, in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230.
TS-SIS 2007/08 Education Committee Members
Alan Keely, 2007/2008 TS-SIS Chair & Education Committee Chair
Wake Forest University
Ajaye Bloomstone, Acquisitions Committee Chair
Louisiana State Law Library
California Western School of Law Library
Edward T. Hart
University of Florida
Carol Nicholson, Serials Standing Committee Chair
UNC Chapel Hill
Karen A. Nuckolls
University of Kentucky Law Library
Jean Pajerek, Cataloging & Classification Standing Committee Chair
Cornell Law Library
Janice Anderson, Preservation Committee Chair
Georgetown University email@example.com
Patricia Sayre McCoy
University of Chicago
Karen M. Wahl
Arizona State University