Please make to review the offerings below and add to your conference schedules. Not all of them are TS-SIS, but given the subject matter, I thought it would be handy to include them here for quick reference.
- Acquisitions Roundtable --Monday, July 20,
4:30pm-5:30pm, PCC 105B (breakouts during Acquisitions and Serials
Committees Meeting). Contact: Diana Jaque, Acquisitions Committee chair
- Cataloging & Classification Roundtable --Sunday, July 19, 7:30am-9:00am, Marriott Grand Ballroom Salon C (breakouts during Cat&Class Committee Meeting). Contact: Lia Contursi, Cat&Class Committee chair
- Collection Development Roundtable (ALL-SIS) --Monday, July 20, 3:15-4:30, Marriott Grand Ballroom Salon E
- Heads of Cataloging at Large Law Libraries a.k.a. Big Heads --Monday, July 20, 12:45pm-1:45pm, Vendor Exhibit Hall
Contact: Chris Tarr
- Management Issues Roundtable --Monday, July 20, 1:00pm-2:00pm, tentatively PCC 304. Contact: Alan Keely
- New Catalogers Roundtable --Tuesday, July 21, 8:30am-9:30am, tentatively PCC 304. Contact: Melody Lembke
- Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable (LHRB-SIS) --Monday, July 20, 4:30-5:30, Marriott Room 304
- Serials Roundtable (Monday, July 20, 4:30pm-5:30pm, PCC 105B (breakouts during Acquisitions and Serials Committees meeting). Contact: Jacob Sayward, Serials Committee chair
Roundtables are valuable times of small group sharing of common challenges and possible solutions. They offer opportunities to connect with your colleagues and build a personal file of go-to experts. We have a solid set of coordinators who are committed to our roundtables and will help transition them into year-round networks. As technology and topics permit, I hope to offer some of them via OnStream videoconferencing software for members not in Philadelphia.
TS-SIS Chair, 2014-2015
Cataloging Services Librarian
University of Georgia