Just a quick reminder that OCLC Committee Update and Roundtable will be held on *Sunday, July 26* in* WCC Room 143-A.*
*Update session (Noon-1:15 pm)
OCLC's Glenn Patton will give a report and update as follows:
1. A Brief Update on the Record Use Policy (3 min)
The most updated report on Review Board of Shared Data Creation and Stewardship.
2. Online Catalogs: What Users and Librarians Want (20-30 min)
A report based on a number of focus groups and surveys conducted during 2008.
Main web page:
3. Library Management Services to Web scale (15 min)
What's Web-scale management services and what are the benefits of the services.
A & Q Session
*Roundtable discussion (1:30 pm-2:45 pm) *
1. WorldCat Local (20 min)
Effective communication protocol to make suggestions to OCLC for enhancing your WorldCat Local.
2. Expert Community Experiment (15 min)
How we can share our expert to OCLC's cooperative cataloging.
3. xISSN OCLC Web Service (15 min)
The xISSN Web service provides ISSNs and other information associated with serial publications in WorldCat. http://www.oclc.org/asiapacific/en/xissn/default.htm
Please join us!
OCLC Committee Co-Chair